Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Operation: Clean House- Week 1

One thing I have always heard is that consistency is key and apparently this isn't only true for parenting but also for cleaning. I have been using my new Excel sheet for cleaning and have noticed a great improvement. My motivation has increased since I am finally able to keep up with the ever dreaded laundry and dishes. Since I have been doing so well sticking to my schedule I rewarded myself by paying the babysitter to watch K and R on my day off so I could spend some quality time in the nursery and making progress in other areas of the house. I cleaned off kitchen cupboards, put all of the baby bottles in their cabinet, finished packing my bag and washed up all of the new baby clothes.

I also have tried to include K and R in becoming more helpful when it comes to cleaning up their messes. We have started having them throw away their trash and put their dishes in the sink after meals. I also ask them to pick up their toys before I even go cook lunch or dinner. They are also responsible for putting their clothes in their laundry basket, helping me sort laundry and matching socks.

K believes that she is getting too old for naps now that she will be turning 3, so I have definitely been putting her to work. She made all of her own birthday invitations today and helped me sort out the baby's clothes into her drawers. I cannot wait to put the finishing touches on the nursery and am excited to post our before and after pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment